Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." -Isaiah 9:6
baby-jesus-mary-joseph-by-dewey
This was a Christmas the Bitters Family will never forget! When your going through hard times and trials you lean more on the Gospel and the Savior.. We truly had this in our hearts this Christmas Season... At the first of November Troy had mentioned that it would be our first year without "Pinkie" that was our tradition every Christmas Eve and we lost our pinkie in August. Troy really wanted to focus more on Christ with Christmas Eve this year and we talked several times in November/December what we could do to find the perfect lesson for our kids, with going through the Ruptured Appendix and then the infection we were fighting over Christmas we got lost in just the worry of Austin and Christmas seemed to not matter as much to me! I remember the 23rd of December feeling so Down and Discouraged we had watched Austin in so much pain and it was hititng me we wouldn't be home for Christmas! I thought oh I need to get my shopping done but the desire to leave Austin and do it was another story! Once I left all I wanted to do was get back to the Hospital and be there for him! On Christmas Eve I spent the whole day with him, while Troy ran and did all the shopping we had not done! It was quiet and peaceful and Austin was pretty medicated and was in and out! I thought of the month and how before Troy had this desire to have this special 24th of December and here it was that evening. I can't even tell you the warmth I felt at that moment as I knew there were angels (pinkie) surrounding me and letting me know that the special lesson that Troy wanted for our kids was right there in front of us! It was us relying on the Savior and making him the most important part of Christmas, it had come through FAITH that month, PRIESTHOOD BLESSINGS, PRAYERS, FAMILIES, and CHRIST THE CENTER OF OUR LIVES! I wept my heart out and thought will never beat this Christmas again where we had our Heavenly Father right there with us and carrying us through this trial we were facing! My heart was full of GRATITUDE for him and for helping me through the last month! I know without a doubt that he lives and he is there for us, I truly witnessed it over and over the month of December! I'm so Grateful I was raised with this in my life and that my parents taught me correct principles that I have taken on with me and trying to teach my children! Next Year I'm sure Troy will be trying to figure out his new tradition on the 24th of December, but when it comes every year I will always remember the Christmas Eve I sat in the Hospital room 251 and felt the room full of his presence teaching me that priceless lesson:) xo

No comments: